A Life in the Day of...

"The present is a gift and I just wanna Be..."

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

just one of dem nights

I want somebody to walk up behind me
and kiss me on my neck, and breathe on my neck
It's been such a long time
I forgot that I was fine
Just kiss me, on my neck, and breathe on my neck

Emptyness, loneliness. This void can't be filled.
Not by good friends,
laughs or good food
Not by family, quality time
Malibu Sea Breezes or
purple Haze
Not by movie nights
The Roots, Common or Erykah
Not by shopping sprees
shoe sales, eyebrows by Heidi
or brand new wooden bangels...
Good friends, good food, good wine...
They say that's all we need, us SBW (strong, black women)
Bump the base and laugh real loud, turn the volume up!
anything... anything
... to keep from hearing the slilence
The loneliness inside
The longing... the hunger...
to be touched, to be held
to feel warm breath on the back of your neck...
lulled to sleep by rhythmic breathing and a second heartbeat
a warm body
a soft touch
Nothing fills it, this void...

2 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger seedofeve said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger seedofeve said…

    That Erykah song has been playing in my head all morning. I'm thinking that meditation retreat Rah was talking about could do us some good.I'll get on that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home