A Life in the Day of...

"The present is a gift and I just wanna Be..."

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

As far as the brothas go I'd be all set... if they weren't so damn fine.

There's something about brothas that makes this complex game of hide and seek worthwhile.

There's nothing like a brotha... I've been to the other side... I know.

Black men have a confidence and swagger that's simply irresistible. Mixed with a little cockiness and a fuck the world attitude that's inexplicably sexy.

Nobody fills a suit like a brotha, or looks as dope in a pair of jeans, tims and a hoody.

That slight limp, practiced from the time they're able to walk and perfected en route to manhood is imitated by many yet never duplicated... the bass in their voices is enough to start a chill from my big toe up to the tips of my locs.

A shiny bald head, a lion mane of locs, a low dark ceasar, a mean fro... shiiit, even a tapered up high top; midnight black, chocolate brown, or butta pecan; full lips and strong hands... our brothas are flavaful in every sense of the word.

He can be the silent introspective type only speaking to drop knowledge, the audacious funny dude, the entrepreneur always making moves, or the quiet nerd teaching and leading our future.... whatever they're doin, they look damn good doin it.

The streets are mean right now. Dates are obsolete, chivalry is dead, respect and decency are a rarity. The days of note passing (Do you like me? Circle yes, no, maybe) are over. Interactions tend to be overly sex charged. It's hard to meet someone who's actually interested in you and not the idea of you. Through it all, I hang in there... reassuring myself that God is just taking his time piecing my man together. Giving up on brothas is not an option, our destinies are interdependent. We were put here for each other. As long as he keeps searching for me, I'll keep searching for him.

Happy Black Love Day ya'll...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger POPS said…

    aww. reads like a memoir. lol

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awwww i'm LOVING this marly! flo

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Ripe and Ready said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger seedofeve said…

    cosigning all up and down this one. at the end of all my classes, the students recite, 'keep a positive thought 'cause a positive thought can't be denied'. and i've realized that though i encourage them to believe it, i haven't truly bought into it myself. soooo, long story mad short, imma listen to dee and make some positive "orders" in my life. hey, my man is in zumunda and he's walking...yeah,so,ummerah..it's gonna be a minute before he gets here. i better just try to get up on that hot new thing called patience.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home